Tire manufacturers have recommendations on tire psi pressure and its relation to auto manufacturers’ weight and load specifications.
Most vehicles are not equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system or a tire pressure sensor and therefore manual tire pressure monitoring is left up to the vehicle owner or local service provider. Checking your tire psi pressure is easy to do with a tire pressure gauge – like the one pictured which is available Free from Prompt Titles & Registrations in Phoenix when you come in to register your vehicle or transfer a title. (while quantities last).
|In Phoenix! Free Tire Gauge from Prompt Titles & Registrations w/ any
of our services. (While quantities last.)
Tire pressure can affect the way your tires wear in a number of ways.
- Tire pressure may help detect any early leak.
- An under-inflated tire may cause your vehicle to pull one way or another affecting both steering and cornering.
- An under-inflated tire can affect fuel efficiency.
- Tire pressure is a safety issue. Not keeping your car’s tires at the proper pressure can result in loss of control of the vehicle or a blow out at the worst possible time.
Taking a few minutes to check your tire pressure will save you a lot of money. Had I done that, a couple of months ago, I would have saved myself $200. My neighbor noticed the tire was low and I rode on it a little too long – long enough to totally destroy it! Even putting air in it at that point would have been useless – it was too far gone. I had to replace it and the other front tire since they need to be balanced. The rear tires are fine. Lesson learned. I got one of the neat tire gauges from Prompt Tittles & Registrations!
Correct tire pressure your car’s tires is printed on the outside of the tire and in the frame of the driver’s door.
How to check the tire pressure with a gauge
- Do it when the tires are cool.
- Remove the plastic valve capon the tire.
- Press the gauge firmly onto the valve stem.
- Be sure that you press the gauge onto the stem hard enough.
- You should hear a small bit of air escape as you do this.
- Record the pressure listed on the gauge and make sure it matches the manufacturer’s specifications.
Prompt Titles & Registrations
Two Locations to Serve you!
3001 E Thomas Road, Ste. 101
Phoenix, AZ 85016
3126 W Thomas Road, Ste. 102A
Phoenix, AZ 85017