If you’re selling, have sold or plan to sell a vehicle or transfer ownership somehow in Arizona, here are a few things you need to know:
- You must complete a “Sold Notice” – this protects you from any liability for accidents, tickets, etc. that may occur after the sale.
- You must also complete the transfer information on the back of the Certificate of Title and give it to the new owner.
- Make sure it’s a “clean” title and there aren’t any liens on it.
- If the title is missing or lost, you can bring it to any of our offices and we’ll do a title inspection.
- Remove the license plate from the vehicle and keep it. You are responsible for that plate. If something happens to the vehicle after the sale like being involved in a crime or left abandoned, you’ll be responsible. Depending on when you registered the vehicle, you may qualify for a credit or refund. Visit one of our offices.
Prompt Titles & Registrations
Two Locations to Serve you!
3001 E Thomas Road, Ste. 101
Phoenix, AZ 85016
3126 W Thomas Road, Ste. 102A
Phoenix, AZ 85017